Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Day of School!!!

Well, those of you who know I have always home schooled Macey will know this has been the hardest day for me.  I have sent off 2 kids for the first time ever.  I cried and could not sleep the night before.  I thought I was doing really well the morning of until I walked out of Macey's class.  I hope this gets better because I did not like them being gone that long at all.  If it was not for getting pregnant again I would not even be putting them in school. I just knew I could not have a baby and be a good teacher. Hopefully this baby will be a gem and I can home school next year.(that will be the day) 

So the plan was to wake Macey up a little bit early so we could blow dry her hair and make it really cute.  I walk into her room at 7:00 am and wake her up.  I tell her she needs to get up so we can do her hair cute.  I could tell she was not liking the idea so I told her if we put it in a pony she could sleep another 15 minutes.  YEP you guessed it the first day of school and Macey chose to get an extra 15 minutes of sleep.  Macey and Jett both had great days and loved their teachers.  It was all perfect just too long.  

They were both exhausted and we don't even start all our activities for another 2 weeks.  SCARY


9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I was just thinking the opposite. Kindergarten wasn't long enough today! 3 hours didn't leave me a lot of time. Are you sure you don't want to put Jett in half day at our school and carpool? Just a thought! You will get used to them being gone and wonder why you didn't do it a long time ago!!!! You are a good mom Carrie! I'm glad they loved it.

Tracey said...

Macey is cute with or without the pony! As long as she had a smile on her face when she got in your car, right?!? I am kinda with Tiff... the 3 hrs wasn't long enough to get much accomplished. A quick trip to Costco, made a casserole, put groceries away and the next thing I knew it was 2:45! You will love the extra time with the other kids!

Amy said...

They are all cuties! You have home schooled? How was it? I would love to do that at some point, but am worried about how it would work with having babies and toddlers at home still... I really don't know if I could do it or not, but the schools out here leave ALOT to be desired! Hope tomorrow gets better!!

The Richins Family said...

wow, i can't believe you had the energy to homeschool your kids. i am sure glad they had a blast at school! brayden LOVES kindergarden. Brookie can't wait to start next month in pre-k!! YEAH I can't wait.

AudyCamp said...

I would have chosen to sleep longer too macey! carrie i know that exact same feeling of having to let your kids go..it IS HARD but this I'm sure will be such a great experience for them & the younger 2 to get more attention! The 1st week is the hardest!

Crystal Star said...

I know that would be hard for you! It does get easier, but I love having my kids home too. Good call on the baby thing though, last year with baby #5 did me in. I'm finally getting on top of things and she's 6 months. Your kids will do great. You will too :)
When you miss them, just snug on the ones at home still- grab a book and climb in bed with them.

Anonymous said...

WOW...you home schooled? I would never have the patience....that is amazing that you were able to do it. I bet the day felt like an eternity when you're used to having her home all day. She is such a cute girl.

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Is Roc at school too? Macey looks so excited and it will be so good for her. I hope thay have a great year and you get a really good baby!

Lacey said...

awww i bet that is hard! especially for you, but i bet she loves it. they all looked SO cute as usual.