Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Baby turned 8!!!







I can't believe my little girl is 8.  It is so sad to see her grow up but exciting at the same time.  She had a great week starting off on Monday going to High school Musical with her cousins.  We left there and headed to Amazing Jakes for a great evening with the Brooke's.  Macey has been saving for a Wii or Nintendo Ds for a year and her grandpa decided to take her to get her Ds.  She paid for half of it and it made her feel so proud that she had saved $65.00.  She has also been asking for her ears to be pierced since she turned 7 so off to the mall we headed.  She was not scared one bit.  She sat there and just smiled .  When they were done she said" that did not hurt one bit".  

So today was the big day and we had her cousins all over to play a gift game.  We bought about 30 gifts and they sat in a circle and rolled dice.  If they got doubles they get to pick a gift from the middle and open it.  They had such a blast.  I have grown up with this game with my own family.  We do it every year at Christmas with adults so it was so fun to see the kids really enjoy it.  I hope they carry on the tradition with their families.  

Thanks so much to all Macey's cousins for coming and making her day!!!
We now will be waiting for December to come so she can get Baptized.  We had to change her date because mom will be either in hospital having baby or have just had it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!!

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe she is 8! I will never forget the morning she was born. She was such a cute newborn. I bet she is so excited to finally get her little sister. Ava had such a great time today. She keeps saying how much she loved the gift game. Happy Birthday Macey! We love you.

Lacey said...

okay, so when i called your cell phone i was expecting you to pick up but little mature macey did and i didn't recognize her voice, she sounded SO old. it made me so sad because i just cannot believe how fast time flies. i also could not believe she got her ears pierced! wow. she is so sweet it made me sad to talk to her i can't wait to see everyone at thanksgiving, i feel really out of the loop. i wish i could have been there. i can't believe she will be getting baptized soon. i want my child to be as mature as macey when she is getting ready to be baptized because i feel like macey understands a lot more than i ever did at that age! i love you mace happy 8th birthday sweetie!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Happy Birthday Macey. Sounds like you had a super fun week. 8 is a great age and I know you will have a great year. We can't wait to meet your new sister..True?

Amy said...

She is adorable Carrie! So tell more about the game. I am looknig for some new fun Christmas traditions. xoxo-Amy

AudyCamp said...

Kaylea said she had a great time & told me how she scored at the gift game...she went on and on, on the phone about 5 packs of gum...yada yada Thanks for having her over:) Hope Macey had a Fun Birthday WEEK. LUcky girl!

Tracey said...

Thanks so much for inviting Sophie - she has a blast! Happy Birthday Macey... you are an awesome girl and we can't wait for your big baptism day!

Suni said...

Sounds like a fun week! She is a cutie!!

Suni said...

Sounds like a fun week! She is a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. What a fun week! She looks elated to be getting pierced ears...so cute! I love the gift exchange idea....very fun!

KP said...

Happy belated Birthday Macey! Such a cute girl. Happily going through the pain to get her ears pierced and saving all of that money. This is some girl. Then again she has great parents.

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

hey this is natalie! Y did'nt grandpa ron get me anything for my birthday? lol mace is geting so old but young! she acts as mature as me, and more mature than my friends WAY MORE! so does she have the nentendogs game for her ds yet, cause if she dosent, i got some ideas of what i want to get her, tell har that i am sooo exited to see her at thanksgiving! she looks sooo cute and i hope she go† everthing for her birthday, tell grandpa ron i want a 100$ for my birthday, that will do, i guess! lol! JK! haha, Dont worry i will always want to come visit u mace! Best cousins, right? what is she, 4 yrs younger than me, shes like a little sister to me, minus the annoying-ness! Macey never gets on my nerves! i am so exited for her BIG DAY in december (baptisim)!!!!! LOVE U MACE_DOG!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

oh and ps, natalie again, I WAITED IN LINE FOR 2 HRS TO HSM3! IT WAS SO COOL! AND WE GOT THE BEST SEATS!